The Value to Employers: Why Hire an APR
In today’s competitive employment market, companies exhaust tremendous resources to attract the best people. Talent, experience, dedication and enthusiasm are among the key performance areas taken into consideration when evaluating job candidates. When the job search centers on a public relations position, smart employers should give special consideration to applicants who have earned the Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential.
The APR is considered the mark of distinction for those who demonstrate commitment to the profession and to its ethical practice. Currently, there are 5,000 public relations professionals worldwide who earned this voluntary certification. Its fundamental purpose is to unify and advance the profession by identifying those who have demonstrated broad knowledge, experience and professional judgment in the field.
Accredited public relations professionals add value to a company in many ways:
· They are bound by strict ethical guidelines.
· They are senior-level strategists who have demonstrated skills and abilities necessary in today’s public relations executive or manager.
· They have successfully completed a challenging review and examination process.
· They are required to maintain their Accreditation through professional development and education.
· They have committed to enhancing the profession.
· They have demonstrated the desire to succeed.