Candidate's Process Chart for the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations + Military Communication
- Apply for Eligibility and Plan
- Initiate process whenever you want
- Submit eligibility form and payment to UAB
- Receive notification of eligibility from UAB within 4 weeks.
- Plan how you will proceed. Remember that you have one year from the date you receive UAB authorization to participate and Advance Readiness Review and complete the computer-based Examination.
- Access APR+M Study Guide and Preparation Resources, e.g., Online Study Course ($195), Candidate's Instructions for Readiness Review, Short Bookshelf, local prep courses, mentoring programs, etc.
- Use Coaching, Mentoring, Support Services
- Request coaching, mentoring or other support services through your local APR Chair as desired.
- Refresh your knowledge, skills and abilities by reviewing the general text of your choice and one or more of the specialized books from the Short Bookshelf
- Use the body of knowledge and preparation resources to fill gaps in your knowledge, skills and abilities, e.g., areas where your experience is limited
- Complete APR+M Readiness Review Questionnaire
- Download APR+M Readiness Review Questionnaire
- Select a public relations plan you have written that reflects your experience and complete the Questionnaire at your own discretion
- Submit an electronic copy of the questionnaire to PRSA National, a minimum of 15 business days before your scheduled Review date
- Participate in Readiness Review
- Present your portfolio and respond to interview questions, allowing one-to-two hours for your session
- Panelists score your knowledge, skills and abilities and consider your readiness to proceed
- Panelists help you identify gaps in your preparedness for the computer-based examination
- UAB notifies you to advance/not advance to the computer-based Examination
- If Advanced, receive your candidate ID# to use to schedule the computer-based Examination
- If not Advanced, you can repeat Readiness Review after 90 days. You can appeal the result to the UAB after two retakes of Readiness Review.
- Scheduled Your Computer-Based Examination
- Schedule computer-based Examination at a Prometric testing center using your candidate ID# via Prometric's Web site at www.prometric.com or telephone 800-274-1900.
- Remember that Prometric experiences peak demand June - August and October - December. During these times, Prometric recommends that you schedule your appointment at least 30 days in advance of your preferred date
- Take the Computer-Based Examination
- Use as much of the time available as you want to complete the Examination
- Receive immediate but unofficial pass/did not pass feedback, in addition to your strengths and weaknesses in tested knowledge, skills and abilities
- Receive official pass or fail notice from UAB within 3-4 weeks
- If you passed, the Universal Accreditation Board will grant Accreditation
- Receive notice from your APR Chair of presentation and/or celebration event, depending on local organization
- If a retake is necessary, submit payment and request a new candidate ID# from UAB. Repeat steps #2, #5 and #6
In this section:
(for new candidates)
(for current APRs)
APR+M Readiness Review Candidate Questionnaire
Candidate's Process Chart for the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations
Demo of Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations